Monday, June 4, 2018

By The Sea Is My Favorite Place To Be

And we're off to the seashore!

My wonderful hubby of nearly 27 years and I are off on our anniversary road trip in less than twelve hours and I haven't finished packing! Where are we going? To Cape Cod, Nantucket, and a couple of other sweet stops along the way! I'm so excited!

So before we load the cooler and top off the tank, I thought I would share some of my past beachified posts along with some photos from our most recent seaside vacation in Destin, Florida.

With such a love for all things beachy, I found it hard to believe that I had only three beach related posts in all the years of Sugartown Sweets!
Click on the links below to see each one.



My sweet family and I recently enjoyed a few days down in Destin, Florida. Hubby had planned a deep-sea fishing trip for all the guys.

Our first stop in Destin was Lulu's! (click on the link to see their menu). This was the view from our table. We love the food and getting to watch this seaplane take off and land several times was a fun bonus! 
 The best part of the trip! Spending time in such a peaceful and beautiful place with my daughter, son-in-law, and all five of my grandbabies. Have I told you I'm going to have another grandbaby?! She is due to arrive right around my birthday in August! I will then have three granddaughters and three grandsons! I am soooo excited!
Building castles in the sand🎜🎝
And even getting buried in it!
 Early morning and just before sunset are the perfect times of day to play in the water. Of course Lydia and Elizabeth love it any time of day!
Elizabeth is our most dedicated shell hunter. Here's one of the treasures she found on this trip, but she has found starfish, sand dollars and all sorts of beautiful shells! 🐚
Jojo's (he's 17 now and I know I need to start calling him Joseph) favorite pastime is fishing!
And he's very good at it! 🐟🎣🐠
Vitamin Sea!
The morning of the guys' deep sea fishing trip, they had to get up super early to catch their charter. We girls had to get up early too to catch the royal wedding!
 Lydia may not have been as amused with the ceremony as the rest of us girls, but she sure looked cute in her sprinkled donut float!😜
I love these sweet girls!
My sweet daughter Stephanie is the best little mommy!
 Look what our men caught! Good job, Isaac!
 Way to go, Aaron and Joe!
 Not too shabby, honey!
After we met the guys as their boat came back in, it was time for lunch. Boshamps was nearby with yummy food and a pretty view.
Let me just say this was not my dish! Hubby sure does love raw oysters. I just can't! 
My sweet family.πŸ’—
  We πŸ’œ you, Destin!
A great day with a sweet ending..crabbin' after dark!πŸ¦€
It's time to say goodbye to Destin, but not before we pack up the wonderful memories we've made together in this lovely, sun-drenched, seaside beach town.🌞
Have a sweet day, KarenπŸ’™

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful anniversary trip. Enjoy the sun and sand and sea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! We are on the road now and have so far made it to Concord, NC! 😊

      Delete