Thursday, February 14, 2019

Chocolate Candy Hearts of Many Colors



So here we are on the sweetest of all days!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I wanted some cupcake toppers for sugar crafting time with my grandbabies and these are it.

They are so easy that I'm going to delight my 4 year-old granddaughter in letting her make some of her own. Of course I'll have to set the microwave, but she can do the rest!
I wanted to use a few different colors for my Valentine hearts and they ended up looking like my old 70's tie-dyed t-shirts. Cool!
 Wilton's Stack-N-Mold candy molds are the simplest way to make molded candies. The candy melts directly in the mold itself.
 The design in these Valentine hearts molds are pretty intricate and they all didn't turn out perfectly, but I love them and am definitely buying more!
The directions tell you to stack 3 candy melts into each cavity. But as you can see from the candy melts photo above, there are some melts bigger and some smaller. For the regular size melts I used 3. For the smaller candies I used 6. This still did not fill up the mold, but you can use more or less to make the finished candies thicker or thinner.
 Place candies in molds and melt in microwave for 2 minutes on 50% power. Gently tap and shake the mold. Then return to microwave for 30 second increments on 50% power until smooth and melted. Make sure to tap and shake each time.
Aren't these pretty!?

After melting, just place the molds in the fridge until candy is hardened.

Then flip the molds and press out finished candy hearts. 
This one with pale and dark pink colors was my favorite!
These were fun and sweet, just like our Valentine's day will be this year.

My husband and I are celebrating the entire day with our grandbabies so Mommy and Daddy can have a night out together. We can't wait!

Hope you all have a great time celebrating as well!
Have a sweet Valentine's, Karen💗

2 comments:

  1. I love these! Thank you for the clear directions -- I've tried similar ideas and have melted the candies at full strength thus making a burned stinky mess! These are gorgeous! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete