Thursday, December 10, 2020

Disney Sweets and Christmas Treats!

We went to Disney and ate the World!

Christmas is my favorite time of the year! And y'all know I love some Disney and of course all things sugary! So won't you join me on our sweet adventure?!

Y'all! Disney bakers! They create some of the most fun snacks and treats you ever did see and I couldn't wait to get my hands on a few. Here is just a small sampling of their many offerings! Eight to be exact!

We begin with the very festive Mickey's Holiday Cookie.

I found this one in Disney's Hollywood Studios at Rosie's All-American Cafe for $4.99.

It's a vanilla butter cookie covered in a red tinted white chocolate with sugar snowflakes. 

It was okay. Kind of bland really. In fact, I ate only one ear and ending up tossing the rest.  I would have saved it for the grandkiddos to try, but they were all on the Tower of Terror ride with Pawpaw, my hands were freezing (yes it can get cold in Florida), and I had no container for it. 

But it is a lovely cookie and super Christmassy!

Ah, still at Rosie's All-American Cafe, here we have Olaf's Snow Flurry Cupcake for $7.99.

I liked this one.
It's a yellow cupcake with vanilla buttercream, snow fairy sugar and this cute little Olaf glow clip.


The frosting was thick, creamy and yummy with the fun added crunch of sugar sprinkles. I actually liked the frosting better than the cupcake itself. This one is a cutie!


This was my favorite!

This absolutely adorable Orange Christmas Bird hangs out at the Sunshine Tree Terrace in the Magic Kingdom. He sells for $5.99.

He's made with orange-scented white chocolate mousse and filled with orange curd and topped off with a white chocolate face and Santa hat. Also he sits atop what tasted like vanilla cake that paired well with the creaminess of the mousse. 

I loved this so much. It was very orangey which was very okay with me and that thin, crunchy shell was perfect. 

I will be going back for more of this one!


Orange you happy just looking at this cross section..i know i am!


Another Magic Kingdom find was this Pistachio Chai Tea Float at the Aloha Isle for $6.49.

It's a pistachio soft-serve ice cream with spiced Chai tea and a red velvet cake pop ornament.

Tasty! This was my first experience with Chai tea. I liked it fine but not sure I loved it. My grandson Isaac and I ended up switching drinks which meant that I also got to enjoy my all-time fave Pineapple Dole Whip Float... so we were both happy!

The red velvet cake pop was a nice addition and really made this float P🌟P! 

This little-it's actually huge-beauty can be yours by visiting Karamell-Kuche in the Germany pavilion in EPCOT.


This Gingerbread Salted Caramel Buttercream Cookie Sandwich sells for $5.99.


If I liked gingerbread I would have loved this cookie! It had the perfect moist and chewy texture with a delicious caramel frosting filling. If you like gingerbread, this one is for you!

That filling!πŸ˜‹


Next up in the Magic Kingdom's Cinderella Castle is The Clock Strikes Twelve dessert and it is "right on time" yum!

This is a dark chocolate mousse with a dark chocolate ganache and raspberry coulis. This dessert was the final course of our pre-fixe meal so I don't have a price for it. But I couldn't leave it off because, well..look at it! 

The mousse and ganache were really delicious. I don't care for raspberry but everyone else enjoyed their coulis. The clock on top is made of white chocolate and two of our grandkiddos, Isaac and Lydia ate the pansy garnish! I opted out!πŸ˜„ 

This wonderful treat is a do-over for sure!


I was really excited to find this gorgeous Happy Holidays Grand Cake Pop for $7.99 in the Gasparilla Island Grill at the Grand Floridian. It took a little of the sting out of check-out day from our beautiful resort. And this was prettier in person than it shows up on camera!


This is a triple-chocolate cake pop covered in white chocolate with a festive white chocolate Mickey ears piece.

I loved this Christmassy treat! The chocolate shell was nice and thick with a satisfying crunch against a super moist and tasty chocolate cake pop center! Win!


So last but definitely not least was another surprise favorite for me! 

This one is from Disney Springs' Goofy's Candy Company. It's the Mickey Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Wand priced at $4.99.

I loved every single thing about this one. 
The marshmallow, dipped in chocolate and then coated in crushed peppermint was total chewy, gooey, oh my sweet goodness!

I wish I had brought home a dozen of these. But, this is also one of the easiest for me to re-create at home. And so I will! 

Well, that's all there is and there ain't no more!

Until we return to Disney, that is!


Hope you all enjoyed our trip down Sweet Street, USA! See ya real soon!


John 3:16


'til we sweet again, KarenπŸ’—



No comments:

Post a Comment