Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Candy Tray!


Happy Mother's Day Candy Tray!
Beautifully easy melted Starlight mint tray. 
When I saw a Christmas candy tray on Tutto Bella's blog, I thought it was just beautiful!
I've been wanting to make one myself, and today, I finally did! These are so much fun!
My first design included the letters M-O-M, but that didn't work so well. So, I made a separate candy cut-out piece to place on the tray. And since I'm having so much fun in the kitchen, I'm making a candy bowl too!
Wishing all the Moms out there a
 Blessed Happy Mother's Day. :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am using my Wilton flower pan to make a template for my tray.
 I just traced around the bottom of my pan onto a sheet of parchment paper.
 Unwrap a LOT of candies. I used fruit flavored Starlight mints.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 My first design..not loving it. It may also be the colors.
 Yeah..I don't love it.
These orange & red colors looked so good together...
   ..I'm going with those. I like this one better..
Bake @ 325 for 8-10 minutes.
 Yes! This is it!
love this....
Now for the MOM candy piece.
 Place a few candies on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake on 325 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
 As soon as you remove the pan from the oven, press your cookie cutter
 (sprayed with non-stick spray)
into the candy. Let it cool a few minutes. Gently press cutter through and lift out the finished piece.
 Sweet MOM :o)
 Now, let's make a candy bowl. Place a   
sheet of parchment paper cut a little larger than your completed candy design. Bake on 325 degrees for 7-10 minutes. 
 Immediately upon removing pan from oven, lay the entire candy piece
 (parchment paper side down) 
on your choice of shaped dish. I used a small metal bowl.
 It's not perfect..but afterwards I thought, if you used a large round cutter before forming the bowl, it would be! Next time I'll try that for sure!
*Handle All These Pieces Very Gently*
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Baking
& Creating
from
Sugartown Sweets!
 Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!
Comments are always
 welcome & read!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable. And so seemingly simple too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really liking the simple these days. :)

      Delete
  2. This is the greatest thing I have seen all day! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathleen! Originally, I found the tray idea on Tutto Bella's blog..and loved it!

      Delete