Thursday, August 7, 2014

Shark Week Lollipops!


"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...."
I made Shark Lollipops!

I was 10 years old back in the summer of 1975 when the first Jaws movie came out. Haha, I remember thinking about that when we made our first trip to the shore the following summer. It must not have affected me too much...I loved the ocean!

In a few short weeks we will be taking our family vacation to the beach with all our kiddos. It will be made even sweeter this year as we have our brand new addition to the family..Miss Lydia has made her debut!

In the meantime, we're watching Shark Week on the Discovery Channel and I have the perfect snack..
SHARK Lollipops! Now that's something you can sink your teeth into!

Click here for another shark craft!
Walmart has these adorable blue gummy sharks @ less than a dollar a bag. You will also need hard Jolly Ranchers and white candy pearls.
You will also need a baking sheet, parchment paper and lollipops sticks. I like the 8 in. or longer sticks.
Place the Jolly Ranchers on your parchment lined baking sheet. I crushed the green candies in a baggie and placed between the blue to mimic ocean plants.

Immediately upon removing from oven, insert lollipop stick and place candies. Let cool.
I'm going up for some air!
Stay Sweet & Enjoy Shark Week!

Sugartown Sweets Invites You To Leave A Comment & Become A Member Today!



8 comments:

  1. oh WOW these are so cool.Karen! the lollipops look like giant water droplets
    and the green water plants in between? Genius! :>D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! These were fun to make while watching Shark Week promos! :)

      Delete
  2. you make the cutest things! Thank you so much for sharing your ideas with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet! Thank you Linda for visiting my blog! I absolutely love sharing my ideas with you!

      Delete
  3. AMAZING!! Just what I was looking for!! Treats for my son's school to match his shark costume!! Love it!! Thanks so much for sharing!! You have made some very happy 5 year olds!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww..that's awesome!! Thank you so much for the sweet comment. I hope the kiddos love them. :o)

    ReplyDelete