Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Popcorn Mix Recipe aka Kitchen Sink Snack Mix!


Popcorn Snack Mix aka Kitchen Sink Popcorn Candy Mix!

I used all these fun add-ins for my munchy, crunchy, chewy, chocolaty, marshmallowy, nutty, caramelly, peanut buttery, popcorny..whew..snack mix!

My kiddos gave this treat a 10!
And honestly, when I'm working on a post I don't normally sample..but I couldn't stop myself. And yum!
No exaggeration. No kidding. Whole Foods people!
I used this popcorn

Then dumped in the peanuts..
..and mini marshmallows.
Now for the chocolaty goodness..
When I saw Beth over at Hungry Happenings using Coconut candy melts..I knew I had to have some. She made some super cute and yummy Polka Dot Fudge.

I thought it would be a pretty great popcorn coating. Yes! Melt some.
After mixing well to coat all the goodies (put on some food safe gloves and get your hands in it), pour out onto a parchment line baking sheet and let set.

Here's where you sample some..ya know..just to make sure it's as yummy as I say it is.   ;)

Popcorn Snack Mix Recipe

1 bag 10 oz. bag coconut candy melts (or your favorite flavor)
1 bag microwave popcorn (I used Orville Redenbacher naturals simply salted)
1 cup peanuts
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup Milky Way simply caramel bites
1/2 cup Musketeers bites
1/2 cup Rolo minis
1/2 cup Reese's pieces
1/2 cup Reese's peanut butter cups minis
1/2 cup Raisinets
1/2 cup M&Ms minis

Combine all ingredients (except candy melts) in big bowl.
Melt coconut candy melts in microwave @ 50 percent power for one minute. Stir candy and continue melting at 30 second intervals and stirring till completely melted. Pour over popcorn mix and stir or mix with hands until all ingredients are coated. Pour out onto parchment lined baking sheet till set. Enjoy!
Sweet & Happy Snacking From
Sugartown Sweets..
Where Comments are Encouraged
And New Members are Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I still have a few bags of the Coconut Candy Melts, now I need to go make some popcorn. I can see why you and the kids couldn't stop eating this. It looks so good!

    Thanks for the shout out=)

    Beth @ Hungry Happenings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beth! It was so good I want to try it with some of the other candy melts flavors. And, You're Welcome..you always inspire me with your awesome food crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete