Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Marshmallow Sour Candy Pops

Marshmallow Sour Candy Pops!
Christmas is over, but you wouldn't know it in our house. You see, we still have our big, fat, awesome tree up! Plus, we may also have our stockings (still) hung by the chimney with care..along with a few other decorations. I know it's crazy, but I will take everything down as soon as I'm finished with this post..I'm sure I will! Anyway, making these candy pops was way more fun.
Happy New Year Everybody!
 Along with marshmallows, you will need: sour skittles, airheads xtremes, green sprinkles and corn syrup. Tools are shown below. Begin by painting sides of marshmallows with corn syrup. It helps to let them sit a few minutes and get *tacky* before adhering the airheads xtremes. Then, paint tops and bottoms of marshmallows with more corn syrup and add sprinkles. Insert lollipop stick and let pops dry before filling tops with sour skittles. *oops! i forgot to include the small paintbrush in the photo below*


 Sweet Sour & Easy, cute little candy pops!
Wishing you a 
Sugartown Sweets
kind of day!
Comments are like candy to me! Feel free to leave one below. :)

6 comments:

  1. This is one of the cutest things you've made. I just love the vibrant colors!! Stephie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Missy! I have one for each of you tonight! :)

      Delete
  2. These are such cheerful pops - probably because your tree was still up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you secure the skittles to the top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just placed mine on top, but you could use a dab of ready-made frosting (maybe lemon flavored) on top to make sure they stay put! :)

      Delete