Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year Cookies!


Happy New Year!

I know I'm a lttle late..but you know what they say.
If it's sweet, it's worth the wait! ..well, maybe I said that. haha!

I had a very busy, family and fun packed Christmas.
I hope you all did too! 

Then my hubby and I headed to New York City. 
We had a blast. I may post some photos later, but today it's all about a sweet new year! 
You can order the number cutters here.
Roll out, cut and bake cookies using your favorite cut-out cookies recipe.

I used this one.
Materials needed: Black fondant, canned frosting, corn syrup and brush, black and silver sprinkles, fondant roller and sharp knife.

Using the same cutters as with the cookies, cut out fondant shapes to fit the cookies.
 Attach fondant to cookies with a thin layer of frosting.
 Apply corn syrup generously to cover fondant.
 Dip cookies and press into sprinkles.
 Love gettin' all sparkled up for the New Year!
Do the same with the 2016 cookies.
Cut out the clock hand using a sharp knife to cut rolled out black fondant.
  Attach the hand (with corn syrup) on the round cookie that you have covered with silver sprinkles. I also attached a silver dragee.
I wish you all a sweet and blessed New Year, Karen

I began my new year with Psalm 67..a great way to start off the new year!

8 comments:

  1. Love all the sparkle! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Your cookies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OooOo it's gonna be a sparkly year! and i love the clever clock cookie Karen! (woah that's a tongue twister!) happy 2016! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cookies to start the new year! I wish you A SWEET new year too! :)

    ReplyDelete