Thursday, March 26, 2015

Baa Baa "Back of Lamb" Cookies!


Lamb Cookies..with a twist..or should I say tail?!

I dunno if you're gonna think these are half as funny as I do..hahaha!

Last April, as I was in the planning stages of my baby girl's baby shower, I bought a little trio of baby shower cookie cutters. I found that same bib cutter here if you'd like to purchase one.
Anyways..baa baa back to my story. So when I got home and went through my haul, I got an upside down view of my bib cutter. Oh my word..the first thing that popped into my mind was the back of a lamb. (Maybe it has something to do with all those adorable little "Bunny Booty" treats!) I started laughing out loud. Glad nobody else was around to see me in my pantry giggling at a pack of cookie cutters. And so, here I am almost a year later sharing my silly cookies with you.

Hope they make you chuckle.   :o)
Prepare cookie dough.
 Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. I rolled mine out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut cookies and place on parchment lined baking pan. Chill pan in frig for 10-15 minutes. Bake cookies.
 Let cool.
 I wanted baby pink lambs so I used two colors of pre-made fondant. I mixed a small amount of pink with a larger amount of white. Roll out fondant.
 Place fondant onto the embossing mat and close to impress the design. I used this embossing folder..the best thing is, right now it's on sale!
 Using the bib cutter, cut out fondant pieces. 
Cutie, cutie lamb's booty!
 If you're having sticking issues, just use a little powdered sugar to dust your cutter and knife.
 Jelly Belly Jelly Beans aka Lamb's Tails.
Attach fondant to cookie and jelly beans to fondant with a small paintbrush and corn syrup.
 Awwww...
Sweet..

Cookie Recipe

(slight variation to Lila Loa's recipe)

1 cup salted butter softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 cups flour
Cream, butter and sugar. Add eggs and flavoring, mixing well. Add baking powder and mix again. Gradually add flour on low speed just till combined. I knead the dough a little to make sure the last little bits are flour are fully incorporated. Chill dough. Roll out on lightly floured surface and cut with cookie cutters dusted with flour. Place cookies on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Chill pan for 10 minutes in frig.
 Bake @ 375 for 7-9 minutes.

Happy Spring From Sugartown Sweets & Thanks For Stopping By!

Comments and new members make my life sweeter!

 

8 comments:

  1. How neat are those? So pretty in pink,lol; maybe you will have a couple left over for our trip, hint!!!!They really look yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, so cute and creative, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable, you "herd" right...I'm the one saying "cute"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Glad nobody else was around to see me in my pantry giggling at a pack of cookie cutters." this is one of the reasons i heart you :)
    keep making out of the box cutie cookies like these and i'll be baaa-baa-back for more! awww heck i'll be baa-baa-back for anything you make Karen! :>D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Lisa..now I'm sitting here in a restaurant laughing at my phone..and since people are beginning to look..I'll say thank you! :-)

      Delete