Friday, September 16, 2016

Caramel Apple Trees

I am a huge caramel apple fan. I'm still over the moon that I can make homemade caramels and we had a blast last fall making our first dipped apple treats.

When I found out that Wilton had come out with Caramel Apple candy melts, I knew I had to make these trees. But oh boy did I have a hard time finding them in the store.

I should have asked hubby first because within minutes he'd found they were in stock at our local Jo-Ann's craft store. They had three bags. I bought them all!

These treats are cute to the core and yummy too!

Now let's have some sweet fun!
Items needed: Caramel Apple candy melts, Wilton branch treat sticks, S'moreMallows, red and light brown fondant and (not pictured) green sugar sprinkles and parchmant paper.
 I used my sweet pie top crust cutter to make my fondant apples. I bought mine several years ago at an apple barn in the mountains.
I went online to see if they're still available and yes, they are!
Click here or here to purchase one of these cuties!

Roll out the red and light brown fondant and press cutter into fondant. I used the tip end of a food paintbrush to gently coax the tiny apples from the cutter.
 Aren't these little apples just darling?!

I used my Wilton fondant cutter tool to cut the "caramel" apples. A sharp knife will will just as well.

Trim just the top off the light brown apples, dab a drop of water to the back and place on top of the red apples.

I'm in LOVE!
 Let apples set while you melt the melts!
You can follow directions on the candy melts bag or you can be daring like me and melt on the stove. 
I use a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally till melted.
I found my Wilton tree branch sticks at Jo-Ann's store.

I was so excited to happen upon them in my search for the elusive candy melts.

Insert stick into marshmallow and dip into candy melts.
Immediately sprinkle on green sugar sprinkles and place on wax or parchment paper to set.

Wouldn't these be fun for a teacher's treat or your kid's lunchbox or a fall party?!
Dab a dot of melted candy to backs of apples and place on marshmallow trees. 

I have always wanted to say that! *wink*
Thanks so much for stopping by.

I love you a bushel and a peck!

Have a sweet day, Karen.  :o)

6 comments:

  1. I am in love with those little bitty apples, completely adorable! Cutest tree around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. after i get that apple pie cutter i'm going to search around for marshmallow tree seeds so i can have a whole backyard of these! soooo cute Karen :>D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to cut out all those tiny fondant apples. Your tree treats are so cute!

    ReplyDelete