Saturday, December 31, 2011

Oh My (Peppermint) Stars!

                 Wishing Everyone                    
A Blessed &
Happy New Year! 

Peppermint Patties..Yum!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 As I look back on this year, I have to say it's been a blessed one. Spending time with my family, having a wonderful  church and pastor, going on my dream trip to Hawaii...and of course starting this fun new blog!!
I thank each of you that have taken the time out of your day to come & see what I've created in my kitchen.
May God bless you and your families in the new year :o)
 6 ingredients. I saw these peppermint stars in the Christmas issue of the Food Network magazine and knew I had to try them. I decided to put them on a stick and add sprinkles. I used the silver and gold Wilton stars. I also used silver coarse sugar.
 I found it easier to break off enough of the chilled fondant to roll out one star at a time.
 The first few, I rolled out too thin.
 This one is a little thicker.
 After a couple of failed star pops, I got the hang of it. Gently insert a lollipop stick into the star and remove. Now dip the stick into the melted chocolate, insert back into the star and place on a wax paper lined pan.
 Once you fill your pan with pops, freeze the whole thing for about 5 minutes.
 I took one pop out of the freezer at a time as they seemed to get soft fairly quick. Dip the pop in the melted chocolate and place on a wax paper lined pan.
 You have to move pretty fast as the chocolate sets quickly. Sprinkle on your decorations! Yay..you're done!


 Fondant Recipe

2 cups 10 x sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 1/2 tablespoons softened butter
2 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon peppermint extract

Chill fondant 30 minutes
Dust with 10 x sugar
Now start rolling!

I found that I needed a little extra corn syrup as mine seemed a bit on the dry side. Just add a little if you need it. (If you add too much, your fondant will be too soft if you're using lollipop sticks.)

You will need dipping chocolate.
( You can also use chocolate chips and shortening.
For 8 ounces of Chocolate chips, add 2 teaspoons shortening and melt. )
Happy New Year
& Fun Baking
From Sugartown Sweets!
Onto..
2012!!

6 comments:

  1. These look so awesome and tasted just like the York peppermint patties!! Great job! My fave is the gold and silver star mix ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank you SO much for posting this recipe! I get the magazine and have misplaced the little booklet that the peppermint stars recipe was in. I need to make them RIGHT NOW, so I better get off the computer, lol. Thanks again! Jamie in Wyoming...Epic Edibles, Burns, Wyoming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I misplaced that little booklet a few times before I actually made the recipe! I'm glad you found my blog :o) Have fun with these..they are quite yummy!

      Delete
  3. Thank you SO much for posting this recipe! We made these peppermint stars last year and loved them! We looked forward to making them again this year but I misplaced the little Food Network booklet and couldn't find the recipe anywhere on the internet, including Food Network's website! Love your photos, your idea of putting them on pops, and your tips for making them! I remember their getting soft pretty quickly and also the chocolate setting, so your tips are very helpful!
    Thanks again! :-) Carolyn in Connecticut

    ReplyDelete