Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornaments Using Melted Peppermints!

 We are 2 days out from Christmas, but I thought you might have time to squeeze in a couple more peppermint ornaments.

Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornaments!
Just in time for your Ugly Christmas Sweater Party..well..maybe!

These are super simple to make, because we are using store-bought, ready-made cupcake toppers!

You might remember the Peppermint Stockings I made a couple of years ago.
Or maybe the Peppermint Mittens or Peppermint Mini Mug Gingerbread House. If you want a super easy and quick craft with no time for cutters, here are my Peppermint Christmas Tree Lollipops!

Christmas begins with Christ and I love our family's tradition of reading the Christmas Story on Christmas Eve night.
Luke 2:11 "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord....."

Wishing you all a very Blessed Christmas!
 My brother's family had ugly Christmas sweater photos made last year for their annual Christmas card! 
It was adorable and ugly all at the same time. 
I have a whole year to plan ours!
 I am using both red and green for my ornaments.
 I found all my cupcake toppers at Michaels and Walmart.
 Christmasy green..
 and Christmasy red..
 In addition to the toppers, I used a variety of sprinkles. Also, not pictured, I used red Disco Dust and attached all decorations with corn syrup.
Ahh, so lovely! You can get your own top quality sweater cutter here at Copper Gifts.
Liberally spray cookie cutter and #10 decorating tip with cooking spray.
Heat oven to 325 degrees. You will melt peppermints for about 10 minutes.
Place candies on parchment lined baking pan. I like to stagger my candies just as you would with bricks. 
The finished look is so pretty.
I determine the placement of and how many candies I need by the size and shape of my cutter.
Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes or until they look as pictured in photo.
Immediately upon removing from oven, firmly press cookie cutter and decorating tip into melted candy. 
Wait 3-4 minutes, (be careful as this is still fairly warm) and press cutters completely through. Break off the outer candies and remove cutters. Lay back down onto pan and let cool.
So many decorating possibilities with these cuties..oops, uglies!
Attach candies with corn syrup or royal icing.
I am so loving this elfie sweater!
Let's make a red one..
Now this is what I'm talkin' about! 
UGLY!

I painted on some corn syrup and sprinkled on red Disco Dust for the cuffs and collar.
LOVE!
 Hey Santa!
 Wouldn't you love to have these little guys hanging around!
That's it!

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM
SUGARTOWN SWEETS!

New Members and Comments are Awesome!

Thanks for stopping by.  :o)

4 comments:

  1. Karen! these are OH SO UGLY WONDERFUL!!! (and that is meant in the best way possible-heehee) i LOVE all your peppermint treats but these i think are my new faves :) have a wonderful awesomest fun-filled Christmas Karen with your family and new year to come :>D can't wait to see what you have for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Thank you Lisa! And the merriest of merry Christmas wishes and happiest of a happy new year to you and your family. I'll be looking for more crazy awesome crafts at hoopla palooza in the new year!

      Delete
  2. What an amazingly clever use of the melted mints. I love how you decorated the ugly sweaters too. So fun!

    Merry Christmas:) I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! Sending Merry Christmas wishes to you and your family..and maybe a short break from the kitchen! ;)

      Delete