Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Best Ever Banana Bread!

Yummy, Homemade Banana Bread!
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! I sure do have a lot to be thankful for in 2011. Tomorrow my house will be filled with family, food and LOVE! 

For nearly 20 years, I've been baking a Banana Bread for Thanksgiving dinner. I've been cleaning my house(for days) and grocery shopping(with a list). So...how did I happen to be "sugar short"? My recipe calls for a cup and a half (groan), and I have only 3/4 of a cup!! Well, after a minor melt-down...I decided to try subbing the remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar with 1/2 cup light brown sugar. IT WORKED!!
 Here is the delicious revised Banana Bread.

This is what you want your bananas to look like.

Here we go..mixing the flour with the granulated and light brown sugar!

Canola oil...


Eggs..

 Love the Moist-iness that the yummy buttermilk adds to the bread...
When my bananas reach the perfect ripeness, I put them in the refrigerator till I'm ready to bake. 

 Whoo hoo! Looks like baby food!

I usually dust with sugar instead of flour when I grease my cake pans. But, since I'm "sugar short".....

 Ready to bake.

Yay!! It worked!!

 Very tasty! I'll be making it like this from now on! It gave the bread a really nice crust!
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Baking from Sugartown Sweets :o)



Banana Bread

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 bananas (very ripe)

Mix all dry ingredients together. Add eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla. Mash the bananas and stir them in last. 
Pour into greased and floured 9x5 inch pan. 
Bake @ 325 for 50-55 minutes. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This just happens to be one of my kids favorite breakfast treats! Yum-O!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete