Thursday, January 24, 2013

Funny Bones Cookies!

Looks like we are just going to miss the winter storm coming into Atlanta tonight..which is just fine by me. We have a busy & fun weekend planned after having two working weekends in a row! 
Praying for all those that have been and will be affected by this icy storm.
So...I haven't been much in the baking mood lately, then I was out the other day and found this cute little bone cookie cutter at Hobby Lobby..for 45 cents. I had to buy it, I mean 45 cents..I had to. These silly little cookies are my attempt to shake off those wintertime blues. So laugh a little at my lame joke cookies, stay warm and have an awesome weekend everybody!
Today, I am starting with Lila Loa's cookie dough recipe..It smells heavenly, so I stamped it BEST!
 Roll out cookie dough on lightly floured surface and cut with cookie cutter dipped in flour.
 To make "cracked" cookie, I used a crinkle cookie cutter & cut through the center of cookie. 
Just make sure to line it up at the same point on your cookie dough & fondant.
Roll out fondant on surface lightly sprinkled with 10 x sugar, then cut with cookie cutter dipped in the 10 x. 
Let fondant dry. Then attach fondant to cookies with light corn syrup. Let set to dry.
 Break out those awesome food color pens. I have a few, but today I'm using these. I like a bit more of a point on mine, so using sharp scissors, I cut a tiny piece off the tip at an angle. Perfect! 
When ink is TOTALLY dry, using a soft, dry paintbrush, apply pearl dust. 
I used Wilton Pearl Dust in white.
 I found mine at Michael's.
 He he he!!
 Hardee har!
Well, I swan!                           
Funniest thing I ever heard!
LOL!
*This recipe is a slight variation of Lila Loa's awesome End-All Cookie Recipe. Click here for her recipe..and all sorts of other cuteness!*
Roll-Out Cookie Dough Recipe
1 cup salted butter softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon orange extract
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 cups flour
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and flavoring, mixing well. Add baking powder and mix again. Gradually add flour on low just till combined. I knead the dough a little to make sure the last bits of flour are fully mixed in. Chill dough. Roll out on lightly floured surface. After cutting cookies, place on parchment lined baking sheets and chill at least 10 minutes. Bake @ 375 for 7-9 minutes.
Wishing You a Warm & Sweet Day From
Sugartown Sweets!
Leave All Funny Comments Below! ;o)

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! My dog would eat them in a second. Of course, I would jump right in there and help her!

    ReplyDelete