Monday, September 14, 2015

Home Sweet Home Marshmallow Pops


HOME SWEET HOME marshmallow pops!

It has been shaping up to be a sweet September.

We kicked off Labor Day weekend with "Dinner & a Movie" date night.

Have you heard about the movie War Room?

Best. Movie. Ever.
It's my new favorite. Prayer is powerful indeed..i hope you all get to see it!

Another sweet date on the calendar was this weekend's 1st birthday party for my adorable granddaughter.

Her party had been postponed while my daughter and her husband remodeled their new home. Still a work in progress, the house was deemed ready for a get-together.

And so, in honor of my daughter, son-in-law and grandbabies', well..new home sweet home, I made Home Sweet Home marshmallows!

These are meant for the kids to decorate and eat. They would be perfect for an after-school snack.

Mom can dip-dye the houses so they can be dry and ready to decorate when the kiddos get home.
Or wouldn't these be cute wrapped in cello bags to give to your new neighbor?
..or how about decorating them like bird houses..

However you decide..they will be sweet! 
Dip a long, sharp knife in water and wiping off excess, cut marshmallow diagonally as shown below.
Lightly dampen cut side of marshmallow and attach to another marshmallow.
Insert paper straw and let marshmallow completey dry to make sure it sticks together well.
Mix a few drops food coloring with water.
Dip marshmallow into dye for about 5 seconds.
Let completely dry. 
I should have used a rack like Meaghan did with her adorable Dip-dyed marshmallow hearts. 
But I didn't and mine wanted to stick to the paper towels I let them dry on.
Catastrophe averted..i got them off in time!
Well color me pretty..aren't these cute?!
I used Airheads, sprinkles and Candy Decorating pens to sweeten up my houses.

Sweet thoughts, Karen!

Thanks for stopping by Sugartown Sweets!

Comments and new members keep my days sweet!

6 comments:

  1. OoooOo! i love the colors of the houses! they just look inviting-wonder if my hubby would let me color my house in marshmallow tint? LOL these are too cute! oh and i'm gonna see War Room this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Lisa..you're gonna love it!
      And let me know how that works out if your hubby lets you paint your house like our marshmallows! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh, how cute are these little homes, love the way you colored them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! These were so easy and fun to make! :-)

      Delete
  3. Now that's a home I'd be happy to come home to.

    ReplyDelete