Saturday, October 31, 2020

Loaded Caramel Apples

Do y'all love you some caramel apples?? Woohoo! Me too!


So we have an awesome Kilwin's over in Atlantic Station and several years ago on our first visit we spotted some crazy amazing chocolate covered candy loaded caramel apples! I mean these things really were works of edible art! They were absolutely jam-packed with candy bars, cookies, and nuts..oh my!


I know my candy loving peeps will get the fascination I had/have with these sweet candy covered fruity orbs!


I made these to celebrate -as of today- 9 years of creating sweets treats here at Sugartown Sweets! Yay! 🥳


So c'mon! Let's make some! 

Y'all!


First, you will need some caramel apples, and I can help you with that!


If you were here last week, you know we made some yummy ones. I used my own homemade caramel, so if you'd like to try my recipe, click here. You can also use store bought caramels and melt them down with a little cream to dip your apples in.

Next, you will need a boatload of candy which you may very well have on hand given the fact that trick-or-treaters could be knocking on your door as you're reading this post!
 

For my chocolate coating, I used three 10 ounce bags of Ghirardelli milk chocolate wafers. I only made a total of 6 apples and had plenty of chocolate left over that I used to cover my homemade caramel candies.
I wanted to be sure my container had enough melted chocolate to easily dip and cover each apple.


I'm looking at these now and I'm thinking some chocolate coated nuts would be a fun and crunchy addition to our loaded caramel apples!


I'm so happy you stopped by today! Leaving me a comment letting me know if you are making caramel apples this fall season makes me smile!

John 3:16

'til we sweet again, Karen 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment